Equine Assisted Therapy School Programs
Racing Hearts offers Equine Assisted Therapy to children and young adults participating in our School Programs.
Our School Programs are designed and facilitated by qualified Mental Health practitioners in a non-traditional setting catering for Early Childhood, Primary, and Secondary students.
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
- Each program is based on thorough research and is conducted over a block of 6 or 8 weeks.
- The school selects the children to participate in the program according to need.
- Schools work with our program coordinator using the Framework Program we have designed. We’ll then discuss the specific group needs and design a flexible program to suit those needs.
- Programs are generally conducted at Graybrook but can also be conducted on school sites.
Our programs are designed around the Victorian Curriculum and the Personal and Social Capabilities Framework and include themes of:
- What are our life challenges and how do we tackle them?
- Thoughts and thinking
Catering For Individual School Needs
As part of the Schools Program, Racing Hearts also offers upon request:
- Our horses visiting your school to attend assemblies in order to promote the program to all members of your school community.
- Parent and Carer Information sessions. These sessions increase “buy in” and transferrable understanding which will support health changes being established for the children.
- Staff Professional Development sessions to compliment the integration of your program with your Wellbeing Curriculum. These sessions are best held at Graybrook and can run from an hour and a half to half day sessions.